Wednesday, April 18, 2012

neurocardiogenic syncope

Well everyone, I have big news. I don't have POTS, I have something NORMAL. Imagine that! Me with something Normal! Anyway, I have NCS, Neurocardiogenic Syncope, which basically means that the veins in my legs don't contract when I change position so that I don't lose the blood in my head. It is very common in the teenage years, and people get it all the time. It normally goes away in your early 20s, so I have to wait until then to see if they were right. 


It does explain everything though, down to the very last clammy feeling and headache, which is good, and its way less severe, which is also good. 


The bad thing is there really isn't much they can do for it except putting me on a steroid for my kidneys to work with them so that there is more water in my system, and making me drink lots of water and eat lots of salt. 


My only true worry is that maybe these are the first signs of POTS and they don't really know how to differentiate between early POTS and normal NCS, but I guess only time can tell, right? For now, I just have to take the pills he prescribed and try to get through it. :) 


In other news, my Andrew is going to college in the fall and I'm really proud of him, and he and I are both petrified. We're worried about our relationship, and about him being so far away, and about him being in a new place with different people... Its scarier than we thought it would be. I never thought that we would be having this college problem because we were both staying in this area, and now we aren't. Anyway, I have to go drink this gallon of water. :) 


This is a picture form the picnic that Andrew and I went on a couple days ago... I'll tell you all about that later. :) 


Caesura

No comments:

Post a Comment