Wednesday, March 28, 2012

future weight loss?

Well everyone, I've made a big decision. I'm going to lose weight. 


I just don't know how to quite yet... The thing is, with Ehlers-Danlos being the way it is, most days I can barely walk. Aside from having really toned forearms from holding myself up on things for weeks I haven't been doing any exercise at all, and I won't until I start seeing Physical Therapists... But that would require the hospital actually having appointments open. So yeah. 


That means my best bet is dieting. And I'm really terrible at that. And by really terrible, I mean diets that I try are ALWAYS colossal failures. And by colossal, I mean I stay on the diet for a week and then give up. Sounds pretty effective, right??? 


This isn't to say that I don't try, I just can't seem to stick with plans that deprive me of crackers and cereal. They're my lifeblood!!! Every "healthy" diet plan seems to do both of those things, so I just plain give up after I can't have my breakfast cereal and milk. I really do. It makes me sad to not have my favorite carbohydrate rich sugary wonderfull-ness packed mini-meals! 


Anyway, I just felt the need to share with the world that I might maybe be trying to lose some weight. 


My hip just did something loud and painful. Great. Its like a sign from a higher being that this weight loss thing is a phase that will last two days and then dissipate into me gorging on crackers and Ben & Jerry's because I failed again... I'll make sure to post if that happens because it would sure be unfortunate... That'll be a great way to make myself feel better! :) 


Anyway, back to losing weight. I'm currently 150 lbs, so... my weight goal should be 125. Thats the healthy BMI indexed weight at my height, and maybe I can even build some muscle. But I really shouldn't get too optimistic... People like me don't do so great with traditional... uhh... walking? So much for cardio... And push ups? Lunges? As if. Uhh... Maybe if any fellow EDS'ers have experience in the area of weight loss they could help me out here a lil' bit? I'm kind of lost...


caesura



No comments:

Post a Comment