Monday, August 6, 2012

boots

So yesterday I got a pair of boots. I had been looking to get a pair for a while, but then at the camp there was another EDSer who wore them all of the time, and he explained all of the awesome things that boots do, so I got a pair, and you know what? He was definitely right. Completely. :)


So firstly, the boots are adorable, and I'm okay with wearing them all of the time. Second, I can't really walk without my inserts anymore anyway, and even on top of all that, they are beyond helpful. They stabilize my ankles, which is pretty amazing. I got out of the car yesterday wearing them, and I turned too much, and I heard two consecutive pops, one in my knee and then one in my ankle, and all I did was take my weight off of that left leg. Thats all. I had never realized that there was a pop when I subluxed my ankles before because my face is normally flying in the direction of the ground. It was just amazing to feel my ankle sublux but not become close personal friends with my driveway. :) 

My boots definitely hold my ankles in place, and they are making it a lot harder for me to hyper-extend my knees when I walk because it means that my legs are more correctly aligned. Its pretty great. Now I need to get some really cool socks to wear part of the time... :)

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment